Who is an ideal participant for the Train the Trainer workshop?
As a business owner or HR manager, a cost-effective and efficient method to train your staff is to designate an individual
to take the ProServe Train the Trainer workshop. Train the Trainer (TTT) workshops are scheduled approximately every four
months. They are held at the AGLC offices in St. Albert and in Calgary. The workshops are capped at 15 participants to ensure
a quality experience and training. All facilitators must have a training background and related industry experience.
How can I register for the next Train the Trainer?
If you would like to express your interest in taking a ProServe TTT workshop, please click here to download the Train the Trainer registration form.
Please fill out the Train the Trainer registration and fax it back to the ProServe office at 780-447-7550. Those registrations
received will be added to an interest list and contacted a month prior to the next Train the Trainer with the scheduled
The next Train the Trainer workshops will be scheduled in Summer 2010. Confirmed workshop dates will be posted here in
the near future.
What should I know before I attend the Train the Trainer workshop?
Please read through the following snap-shot of the facilitator agreement you will be required to sign. It
outlines some of your responsibilities as a ProServe approved facilitator, which include:
- Take the day long training workshop - you must stay for the whole workshop to be granted facilitator status. If you have
to leave early you will have to attend an upcoming training workshop in lieu to gain facilitator status
- Take the ProServe course and pass the exam -you will be gifted access to the online course and exam to complete if you
have not already completed ProServe yourself
- Have access to a (laptop) computer and an LCD projector to use to facilitate the seminars
- Be part of the ProServe service delivery team – you are to present the ProServe seminar in a positive manner and
maintain open communication with ProServe staff and participants
- Receive a non-negotiable fee payment of $50.00 (plus applicable GST) from each participant attending a public
seminar and issue each a receipt, unless they are in attendance to re-write a ProServe exam
- Collect no fee payment from participants attending your private in-house seminars if you are training
within your own company
- Keep accurate records of seminar times, dates, and any fees collected
- Book and pay for seminar facilities and materials
- Ensure the online administrative duties of creating seminars and ensuring all participants are registered in your seminar
are completed before exams are returned to ProServe be marked
- Purchase manuals and order exams from ProServe minimally 2 weeks before your seminar is to be held
What do I have to do before I attend the Train the Trainer workshop?
- Complete a Train the Trainer registration form and fax it to the ProServe office if you have not done so already. Please
click here to download the Train the Trainer
- Create a ProServe account on the ProServe website. Please click here to download instructions on how to do so. If you have already successfully taken the
ProServe course there is no need to create an account as you will already have one to use as a facilitator.
- Ensure full payment has been made to the ProServe no later than a week prior to the scheduled Train the Trainer workshop.
Thank you for your support in the responsible sale and service of liquor in Alberta.